One advantage to reading hundreds and hundreds of books is that I know firsthand the pleasure of enjoying a book with few errors. Carefully constructed plots and well-rounded characters need to shine like authors intend, without errors to distract readers. My English degree, teaching experience, years of reviewing books, and training allow me to copyedit and proofread while preserving your voice, so the reader notices what you have to say, not your errors.
Proofreading assumes that the document has already been edited extensively. As the last set of eyes before publishing, I will:
- correct errors in spelling
- correct punctuation
- catch obvious errors in grammar
- catch errors in formatting
- review graphs, charts, and tables
As your copyeditor, I will:
- correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- correct syntax and word usage
- check for readability
- look for internal logic
- maintain consistent language style
- double-check facts, names, and dates
- double-check idioms and foreign language usage
- maintain your voice through the process
Interested in working with me?
I want to help you achieve your dreams. Please fill out the form below with information about your project and your timeline. I’ll contact you with the option for a free sample edit and a quote, and we’ll determine whether I’m the right fit for you. Thank you!